Go Back   Legal Sports Betting Forum > News > Sports Betting News

User Name
Password Register

Old 01-10-2006, 12:53 PM

Default Champ Bailey Leads Bronco Defense Against Patriots

Champ Bailey and Al Wilson lead the Denver Bronco defense as they host the defending Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots in one of this weekend’s playoff matchups.

Both Wilson and Bailey are Associated Press All-Pros. "It's a great accomplishment," Wilson said Monday, when told about the first All-Pro honor of his seven-year career. "But our goal is to win the Super Bowl and we know we have a hard task in front of us this week."

"A combination of many things," defensive coordinator Larry Coyer said when asked about the defensive improvement. "This group plays together. We learned from past errors."

The Broncos forced 36 turnovers, fourth most in the league, after two straight seasons of ranking near the bottom. The defense scored three touchdowns, recorded one safety and allowed the third-fewest points in the league.

"All of this is a combination of having a good pass rush, having good coverage and playing together," Coyer said.

"The guys we brought in were veteran guys who know how to play the game and know how to win," Wilson said. "To have the opportunity to get those guys, it solidified our defense up front. That's as big a boost for this defense as we could have gotten."

Champ Bailey took advantage of almost every opportunity he got this year. His eight interceptions were a career high, third-most in the NFL. At one point, he had an interception in five straight games.

"I love to make plays," Bailey said. "It feels good when I feel like I'm doing more for this team. It's hard to get picks in this league, and when you start racking them up, it really feels good."
"It wasn't easy, but I just feel like I still bounce back pretty good," said Bailey. “It's an honor to win that award."