View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 06:09 PM

Looks like he's back at George Mason, I hope he has a good year next year.

By George: Patriots Extend Basketball Coach Larranaga
Fairfax, VA -- (Sports Network) - Head men's basketball coach Jim Larranaga and George Mason University agreed on a contract extension through the 2011-12 season on Wednesday, rewarding the coach for leading the Patriots to their first-ever Final Four last season.

The 2005-06 season was a magical one for Larranaga and the Patriots, as the team set a school record with 27 victories, tied a Colonial Athletic Association record with 15 conference victories and became the first CAA school to reach the Final Four.

George Mason bested national powers Michigan State, North Carolina and Connecticut, along with Wichita State, on its improbable road to Indianapolis.

"I am very excited and proud of our accomplishments this season and over the past eight years," said Larranaga. "This year's run to the Final Four was a culmination of a lot of hard work by many people, especially my staff and our players."

Larranaga is the school's all-time winningest coach with a record of 166-105. This past season, Larranaga became the CAA's all-time winningest coach, passing former Richmond coach Dick Tarrant.

George Mason has won at least 10 conference games in each of the past eight years, becoming one of just nine schools in the country to accomplish that feat.

"This past season was not an end, but it is the beginning of more great things to come," said Larranaga. "Our returning players have already begun to prepare for next season and are confident they can create more great memories for our Mason nation."
Source: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/cbas...24/detail.html