Go Back   Sports Betting Forum > News > Sports Betting News

User Name
Password Register

Old 01-19-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Jurevicius and Seahawks Look to Roll On

Seattle Seahawk?s wide receiver Joe Jurevicius has been very successful in NFC Championship games, winning both times, and he hopes to carry that success on with Seattle.

"I've never been a vocal guy like that," Jurevicius said Wednesday. "If they ask me, I'll tell them. I honestly believe it's the biggest game of our careers." In the 2001 NFC title game, Jurevicius had two catches and a touchdown as the New York Giants beat Minnesota. Two years later, he helped the Tampa Bay Buccaneers win in Philadelphia and then beat Oakland in the Super Bowl.

Before last weekend's 20-10 win over Washington, the Seahawks had not won a playoff game in 21 years. They've played in one title game, losing to the Los Angeles Raiders in the 1984 AFC championship.

"I feel fortunate to be there now with three different teams," Jurevicius said. "I think once that game gets here, it's just going to kind of sink in."

"I don't know if we have talked to those guys as much as we see how they conduct themselves," quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said of players with Championship experience. "Joe has just been going about his business like he has all year. ... You just continue to be professional."

Cornerback Andre Dyson was with Tennessee when the Titans lost to Oakland in 2003. "You can't get too involved in changing things and get too involved in the game because you won't play a smart game," Dyson said. "You won't play how you are capable of playing."
Jurevicius was brought to Seattle to be a sure-handed No. 3 receiver but he ended up leading the Seahawks with 10 receiving touchdowns and was second behind Engram with 55 receptions.

"I realized that when I came in here, Matt had some receivers he was used to playing with. I just felt my job was to come in here and help where needed," Jurevicius said.

"I just look forward to continue trying to make plays and help this team get to their first Super Bowl."
Old 04-08-2006, 09:14 PM

They looked so strong going into the bowl....and just fell apart. Dropped passes, failed assignments and some BS calls.
They killed me.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:10 PM

Fell apart???
Hmmm, suspect.
They just got handled by the Steel city.
Steelers, baby!
Old 04-09-2006, 03:02 PM

Not ANOTHER Steelers fan!!!

Thank goodness Bettis retired...I was getting sick of him hanging out on the sideline and going in for a 1 yard TD run and celebrating.