Go Back   Sports Betting Forum > Premium Sports Picks > Mat Rivers Picks

User Name
Password Register

Old 08-19-2006, 01:07 AM

Default Free Football Pick for Saturday

Nice ez winner right here on the Cardinals on Friday!

For Saturday take the Cardinals, this time the NFL Cardinals, in New England.

Grabbing points in the preseason is never a terrible thing and despite having the inferior team in a real game I truly believe that we are the better team in this semi-meaningless affair.

First of all Matt Cassell played pretty much the entire game last week for the Pats in that late three point loss in Atlanta. What does that mean? It tells me that he will probably not get that much playing time today and you know that Tom Brady isn't going to play a ton either leaving crap and more crap. Todd Mortenson and Casey Bramlett scare me as little as any two other quarterbacks ever.

Meanwhile Arizona is an up and coming team with Kurt Warner who looked extremely sharp last week as well as Matt Leinart, John Navarre and Rohan Davey, who used to be on Bill Belichick's team and would want nothing more than stick it to his former team.Also with the Edge, Edgerrin James in town and young talented receivers this offense has the ability to score from any point of the field.

New England has a very very banged up linebacking corps as Tedy Bruschi is injured among others. The Pats just signed Junior Seau out of his three day retirement, now that is desperate. He will obviously not be truly ready to go here as he just signed on Friday.

This New England club is just not a preseason team at all and are a very injured squad right now to boot who more than likely lose this game.

Denny Green's club is the better team in this spot and I totally expect them to get the outright. Without a doubt I'll grab these points!

Matt Rivers received a bachelor of Arts from Emory University in Atlanta and has worked at two major television networks covering pro and college sports. A thorough knowledge of the sports world combined with personal gambling experience and handicapping knowledge, has helped mold Mr. Rivers into the consistent winner that he is today.

“I know it’s impossible to win 75% of the time like some handicappers say they do. That’s just not possible. Bottom line, there are a ton of liars in this industry,” Matt says. “There are so many shysters out there looking to just make a quick buck that it gives the handicapping industry a bad name.

"I want to assure each and everyone of you reading this page that I don't put my name on a play without playing it myself. That is a cold hard fact. I get down in the trenches with my clients”.