Go Back   Sports Betting Forum > Sports Handicapping Forum > NFL Betting

User Name
Password Register

Old 08-05-2006, 03:15 AM

Default SanDiego droping Drew

Ok, what the hell were they thinking? because they had a playoff drought they needed change? hell no. did management even watch the games at the end of the year? the chargers were playing superbowl champion caliber football, no doubt the best team not to make it to the playoffs. if they are going to get rid of drew and make the interpretation that it was his fault then they must be riped on crack. If they kept the team intact and made the additions they have over the offseason (not that they needed to) they would of no doubt made the playoffs. This is like benching doug flutie for rob johnson, accept the chargers would have just booted flutie right off the team. i dont care how high up you drafted your backup qb, if your qb is wining games, has the trust of the team and is making good decisions hes as good as any number one pick you could draft. If you dont want both the contracts, trade the player who carrys the clipboard. If i was a chargers fan i would be livid. why not just drop lt, gates, merrimen and mcardell too and bring in as many inexperienced players as you can find and call it a rebuilding year.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:14 PM

Phillip Rivers
Career stats:
17 for 30
148 yards
1 TD
1 INT

Yeah, lets hand the kid the entire franchise.
I think the Chargers are playing the Tim Tebow lottery in four years.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:31 AM

lol, i hear you
Old 08-13-2006, 11:29 PM

I hope Drew Brees tears it up for N.O. this year. With Reggie looking how he did in the preseason, it looks like Drew will have some weapons. Including Joe Horn, my favorite fantasy pick.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:47 AM

[quote=All Day]i dont care how high up you drafted your backup qb, if your qb is wining games, has the trust of the team and is making good decisions hes as good as any number one pick you could draft. If you dont want both the contracts, trade the player who carrys the clipboard. quote]

I understand you're point, but they're paying starting QB money for both players and one of them's got to go. The one who is winning, has the team respect BUT just tore is rotator cup OR the young kid who's been groomed under the previous mentioned QB....tough choice. I think not making the playoffs last year was the final straw.
All that being said....Phillip Rivers has a horrible year.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:56 PM

^^^^
Well lets say Rivers comes in and bombs, tanks the whole season.
Wouldnt you rather hang your chances on a torn rotator cuff than an unproven rook.