Go Back   Sports Betting Forum > Premium Sports Picks > Mat Rivers Picks

User Name
Password Register

Old 08-26-2006, 01:59 AM

Default Free NFL Pick - San Fran and Dallas - 8-26-06

For Saturday take the points with the 49ers.

There is no doubt that the Dallas Cowboys are far superior to Mike Nolan's San Francisco 49ers but my God, this number is just a bit much. Week three is the week where teams play their starters for at least a full half but without Terrell Owens and the amount of banged up wide receivers Dallas has how can they be laying such a price?????

Obviously I do not love Alex Smith or this Niner squad, as they may win four or five games all season long, but to get a full touchdown in a preseason game is just too much. Plus this line opened up at around 4 1/2 and the public has gone gaga on America's team and more times than not those squares are wrong.

Bill Parcells' squad has looked as good as any thus far in the preseason winning impressively in Seattle and then blowing out New Orleans on the road as well. But to ask any team to play a third straight top flight game is a lot. Coming back home may prove to be a letdown here for the 'Boys. Drew Bledsoe was great last week and Tony Romo has been very impressive himself but laying a touchdown in a preseason game is just somewhat asynine.

Sure San Fran may be down 7-10 points at the break but then the reserves will come in and anything can happen. I'll take my chances going against the public in this spot!

Matt Rivers received a bachelor of Arts from Emory University in Atlanta and has worked at two major television networks covering pro and college sports. A thorough knowledge of the sports world combined with personal gambling experience and handicapping knowledge, has helped mold Mr. Rivers into the consistent winner that he is today.

“I know it’s impossible to win 75% of the time like some handicappers say they do. That’s just not possible. Bottom line, there are a ton of liars in this industry,” Matt says. “There are so many shysters out there looking to just make a quick buck that it gives the handicapping industry a bad name.

"I want to assure each and everyone of you reading this page that I don't put my name on a play without playing it myself. That is a cold hard fact. I get down in the trenches with my clients”.